Requests should be submitted by the Wednesday prior to the Steering Committee meeting where decisions are made. Requests that come in later will be considered on an emergency basis. Groups are expected to mobilize their own members for the event and provide volunteers to help with mailings.
What are you requesting?
Please describe your request. Include as many details as possible eg. date, time, location, and type of action or event.
What can your organization provide?
Criteria for choosing actions
- How the action fits into JwJ’s organizational priorities
- Impact of JwJ’s support on the campaign
- Impact on building JwJ and local coalitions
- Amount of rank and file participation
In its work JwJ gives priority to struggles involving the most vulnerable workers in our community.
- low wage workers
- people of color
Who we are
Portland Jobs with Justice is a coalition of more than 80 labor organizations and community groups dedicated to protecting the rights of working people and supporting community struggles to build a more just society. We are committed to:
- the creation of family wage jobs
- support for organizing both here and abroad
- support for community economic and civil rights struggles
- maintain pressure to demand corporate accountability in our communities
We are also committed to creating an organization that is anti-racist and fully inclusive and welcoming to everyone.
Jobs with Justice
6025 E Burnside
Portland, OR 97215
(503) 236-5573 • (503) 239-9441 fax