Rally For Solidarity - Support AFSCME 328 Members!
Aug 07, 2012 04:00 PM
Support OHSU workers at three locations:
• OHSU, immediately west of the Baird Hall entrance (grassy area): 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
• Downtown, at 5 th and Clay: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
• SW Macadam, between Gaines & Curry (south of the OHSU Center for Health and Healing/Tram): 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Even though OHSU is in better financial shape than it has ever been, AFSCME Local 328 has been hit with huge “takebvack” proposals at the bargaining table.
• Elimination of the 6% retirement pickup for PERS employees
• Health-insurance premiums capped at 5 percent AND an additional 5 percent toward
monthly premium contributions.
• 400 members forced to move to salaried-exempt status, losing overtime and call-back
pay worth more than $1 million.
This is NOT about the money!
OHSU admits it has plenty of money. OHSU made $106 million last year.
• Patient-service revenues have increased 36 percent since 2008.
• Current assets are more than 52 percent higher than in 2010.
• Cash reserves are nearly $800 million.
• Expenses are up only 3 percent since 2010.
Join us and help fight back!